Global Legal Advisory Licence
Background of the Global Legal Advisory Licence
This licence is applicable for international law firms interested in establishing regional offices in Mauritius to provide legal advisory and international arbitration services to global business clients.
Such law firms will be eligible for a 5-year corporate tax holiday.
Application for Global Legal Advisory License
- The application is made under section 77 of the Financial Services Act 2007
- An entity which is licensed or registered as a law firm in a foreign country may make an application to the Financial Services Commission
- The parent law firm needs to be qualified, licensed or regulated as a firm entitled to practice law in its home jurisdiction
- Two foreign lawyers qualified in the home jurisdiction to practice the law of that jurisdiction should be employed by or be part of the entity
- The applicant also needs to have a physical establishment in Mauritius
Criteria to benefit from 5 years tax holidays:
Holders of the Global Legal Advisory Services Licence should employ at least five (5) lawyers to meet the employment and substance requirements.
For avoidance of doubt, the above mentioned section 77 shall not apply to a person authorized to provide legal services or give legal advice under the Law Practitioners Act and shall be subject to the regulation of financial services under Part IV of the Financial Services Act 2007 broad range of services and solutions out of its office in Mauritius.
How Sunibel Corporate Services can assist?
- Assess your eligibility for the above tax holidays, provide appropriate tax advice and undertake any necessary formalities
- Liaise with the regulator(s) for obtaining the required licence for existing and new companies
- Assist in the formation and on-going administration of the company in Mauritius
- Provide back office services
- Provide accounting support
- Setting up and register a company in Mauritius
- Relocate to Mauritius: the ideal place to do business and live
- Setting up a Trust in Mauritius
Disclaimer and important notices
This document has been prepared using sources believed to be reliable. However, their accuracy and completeness cannot be fully guaranteed. The statements and opinions it incorporates were formed after careful consideration and maybe subject to change without notice. This document is not, and should not be construed as, an offer or the solicitation of an offer to sell any services. The use of any information contained in this document shall be at the sole discretion and risk of the user. Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd does not provide legal or tax advice and this document should not be construed as such. Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd expressly disclaims any and all liability for inaccuracies contained in the document and shall not be held liable for any damage that may result from any use of the information presented herein.
For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
Book your meeting
Error: Contact form not found.