Company redomiciliation: why & how to redomicile your company to Mauritius
What is company redomiciliation?
Company redomiciliation is the process of transferring a company’s registration from one jurisdiction to another. It is different from the setting up of an overseas branch or a subsidiary in a foreign country. For instance, by setting up a branch in Mauritius, the foreign company remains principally regulated by the laws of its country of origin.
However, when choosing Mauritius for your corporate relocation, you are changing its status from a foreign to a Mauritius-registered company. The new Mauritian company is now subject to the Mauritius law.
Here is why you should choose Mauritius for your company redomiciliation
Various reasons explain why a company relocation to Mauritius would be a good decision. The island nation features:
- a diversified economy;
- a stable political environment;
- a well-regulated and transparent International Financial Centre;
- a simple and effective tax system;
- good technology infrastructure;
- an educated work force;
- a conducive business environment (1st in Africa on the World Bank’s ‘Ease of Doing Business’ ranking);
- a well-regulated and transparent ecosystem (1st in Africa on the Ibrahim Index of African Governance);
- No exchange control, no capital gains tax, and no withholding taxes on royalties and dividends;
- a wide network of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs) and Investments Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs) with other jurisdictions.
- Setting up and doing business in Mauritius
- Relocate to Mauritius: the ideal place to live and do business
- Here is why businesses set up their headquarters in Mauritius
How to undertake a Mauritius company incorporation?
In the corporate world, growth is the watchword. While you devise strategies to achieve it, you may not find growth on home soil. Shifting countries can therefore open doors to numerous business opportunities. Many companies have chosen to come to Mauritius for business and company incorporation purposes.
The features (listed above) clearly demonstrates that the Mauritian ecosystem is favourable for the redomiciliation of companies who wish to do business globally, and also for company formation (such as Global Business Companies, Trusts, and Protected Cell Companies amongst others).
Company redomiciliation is only possible between two jurisdictions where both recognise relocation between themselves. The company law of each country specifies this possibility.
The procedure may differ from country to country. Are you considering to redomicile your company? Contact us now using the form below!
This article is provided for information purposes only. It is not intended to provide, and should not be used for, tax or legal advice. We may put you in contact with tax and legal advisers in this regard.
Although all information and opinions contained herein have been compiled from sources believed to be reliable and trustworthy, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to their accuracy or completeness, and, to the extent permitted by law, Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd, its members, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in the article or for any decision based on it. You should not act upon the information contained in this publication without obtaining specific professional advice.
Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the use and reliance on the information published in this article.
For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
Book your meeting
Error: Contact form not found.