Operational – Compliance Officer and DMLRO
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Operational – Compliance Officer and DMLRO to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs & MLRO, you will assist in the day to day compliance of internal and external clients, and conduct compliance audits and makes recommendations that will help mitigate risks and/or failures.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in designing and improving a compliance framework that enhances compliance across the Company and for Clients.
- Assist in maintaining a risk management strategy for the Company.
- Review business plan and customer due diligence documents submitted by new clients in view of client onboarding.
- Advise and guide Board of Clients’ companies of their compliance responsibilities, objectives, risks and liability.
- Ensure development and maintenance of policies and procedures to comply with relevant and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct screenings of prospects, new and/or existing clients (Legal research on demand and research on World checks, Google, Acuity and Dow Jones). Perform document reviews, KYCs and CDDs of new clients where and when required.
- Review Clients companies’ records to assess compliance with relevant laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering legislations.
- Organise Client Acceptance Committees.
- Be responsible for supporting operational activities.
- Perform operational compliance audits to ensure that the company is up-to-date with the latest regulations. Identify gaps and escalate same.
- Responsible for Data Protection policy and procedures’ implementation and compliance.
- Prepare compliance reports as and when required.
- Liaise with stakeholders and regulatory bodies where and when necessary.
- Implement and monitor day-to-day operations of the AML/CFT policy and procedures.
- Prepare reports annually and such other periodic reports which are deemed to be necessary to the Board of Directors/Board Committees.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree holder in LLB, Law and Management, Management, Accounting or any related fields.
- Formal compliance and/or AML qualification, i.e. ICA diploma, ACAMS, etc would be a strong advantage.
- Partly qualified ICSA or ACCA would be an advantage.
- At least 4-5 years’ working experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Mauritian regulatory requirements in the financial industry.
- Be focused and able to effectively manage compliance risk within a challenging and quickly changing business environment.
- Be a critical thinker with the ability to effectively execute against action plans and initiatives.
- Ability to partner across business lines, functions and regions to achieve results.
- Be action-oriented with the ability to produce results with a high sense of urgency.
- Committed to quality and details in a regulated environment.
- Be self-motivated with an appetite to learn further.
- Have a good planning and organisational skills.
- Be flexible and customer focused.
- Be a team player.
- Strong communication, both written and oral, in French and English.
Closing date: 23 September 2022
If you meet the requirements and are ready to take up a challenging role, we invite you to submit your motivation letter and your CV by clicking here.
Successful candidates shall benefit from an attractive package based on qualifications and experience.
At Sunibel, our clients are our only focus, and our people are our key to being a truly successful organisation. We are committed to providing you with a challenging and rewarding working environment for you to fulfil your career objectives. We will help you unlock your potential through first-hand exposure to our international expertise and Swiss origins.
Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd reserves the right to contact only best suited candidates for the interview.