Based in Mauritius, Sunibel Corporate Services Ltd and and Sunibel Trustees Ltd form part of Swiss multinational and multidisciplinary group Probus Pleion Holding SA.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO) and Deputy Compliance Officer. Working together with a strong and experienced team, you will actively participate in the company’s growth.
In this exciting position, you will play a key role in protecting our clients and our company from financial crime. You will work closely with the MLRO to ensure that our AML/CFT policies and procedures are implemented and monitored effectively. You will also help to develop and implement our Compliance strategy, and conduct periodic audits to identify and mitigate risks.
- As a key player in our fight against financial crime, work in collaboration with the MLRO & Compliance Officer to assist in design, implement and monitor our AML/CFT policies and procedures, and to report suspicious transactions to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
- Ensure that transactions are compliant, legitimate and as per the business plan of the client(s) by undertaking transaction monitoring of inward and outward remittances of funds.
- Contribute to maintain a culture of compliance. Develop and implement our Compliance and AML/CFT strategy, conduct periodic audits to be aligned with the risk & governance framework, and identify and mitigate risks.
- Stay ahead of the curve. Keep up-to-date with the latest AML/CFT and compliance regulations, and develop and implement new policies and procedures as needed. Moreover, share your updated knowledge by providing training and support to staff on AML/CFT and compliance matters.
- Report to the Board of Directors/Board Committees on any material breaches of the internal AML/CFT policy and procedures and of the AML/CFT laws, Codes and Standards of good practice;
- Assist in preparing annual reports and such other periodic reports which are deemed to be necessary to the Board of Directors/Board Committees;
- Set regular interaction with Board of Directors to ensure that all statutory obligations and provisions with regards to AML/CFT are met.
- Degree in Law, Law and Management or any related field.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Partly ACCA/ ICSA qualified would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills with the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to confidentiality and integrity
- Quatre Bornes & Grand Bay
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a thriving compliance team. If you are excited about the opportunity to make a real difference in the fight against financial crime, we want to hear from you!
Apply now by sending your CV and motivation letter by email to email@example.com.
Successful candidates shall benefit from an attractive package based on qualifications and experience.